Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hello my name is Leslie



Hi everyone!  I’m very excited to get started with this blogging assignment!  Let me start off by telling you a little bit about myself.  I am a 30 year old Taurus who loves downhill skiing, mountain biking and running.  I also enjoy films and nearly every genre of music and I am a diehard Lady Gaga fan.  My partner and I have a dog and two birds who we love.  I received my Undergraduate degree in May 2007 from UNM in Exercise Science and have been working in that field since then.  I work full time doing cardiac rehab in a hospital. I’ve taught some patient education classes to mostly elderly patients at my job but have never taught kids.  I enjoy my job and I have a wonderful boss but cardiac rehab is not my passion, which is why I decided to come back to school for a Graduate degree in secondary education to teach Science.  I would ideally like to teach high school Chemistry and/or Biology but I won’t sneer at any opportunity.  I’m just so ecstatic to finally be on the road to becoming a teacher.  I think I have a lot to offer New Mexico’s youth.  





This is my first attempt at creating my own blog.  I didn’t really know anything about blogs until I began researching them a little bit.  I still don’t feel entirely confident about my blogging abilities even after reading about them and commenting on a few.  I enjoyed reading some blogs and watching the videos that accompanied them.  They were pretty entertaining!  The blogs I visited were, “Pam’s House Blend”, “Animal Planet’s: Animal Oddities”, “No Dog About It”, and “Talented Animals”.  My favorite one was probably “Animal Planet’s: Animal Oddities” because they had Intriguing questions and stories about different and odd animals.  As I am an animal lover, I am always interested in learning about different animals and their behavior.  I also really loved that there were videos to accompany the writings.  I’m the type of person who likes to have a visual in addition to the text.  I would like to put some videos in my blog as well but it may be kind of difficult considering my blog is about a book.  I may try to figure something out to where I can add a video but it will require some creativity on my part.  The blog I liked the least was “Talented Animals”, probably because I disagreed with the author’s views on certain things.  I’m all for sharing different opinions but this author made some very hateful accusations in one of his/her posts which left me with a bad taste in my mouth for their writings. I guess I learned that this blog is one I do not want to read.  Nevertheless I’m excited to begin blogging! 

I hope you all find my blog interesting and helpful and I’m very excited to learn from you all and read your blogs. 

2 comments:

  1. Very good Leslie. Seems like I've seen blogs that have included videos within the body of the text.
    Much success with your new adventure.
    Tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie - Anthony Lovette sent me a link to your blog - I am an animal lover as well and look forward to reading future posts. We have several things in common. I have known and loved Anthony for almost 40 years. We love animals. I had a special ed sister, they called it being retarded 60 years ago, and now I have a high functioning autistic grandson! I am not on google+ but I will join in order to follow you! I am on Facebook - wonder if there is enough time in the day to keep up with both? Guess I'll find out!

    ReplyDelete